Vocational Education Survey Study for The Industrial Automation Technology (IAT) Extension Project
|Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Iran, Pakistan|
|JICA – MoNE – TIKA|
|Information & Communication Technologies, Education and Human Resources Development|
|Sector Analysis and Market Studies, Technical Assistance, Training & Capacity Building|
Sector Analysis and Market Studies, Technical Assistance, Training & Capacity Building
The scope of the work is related with the investigation of present status of technical education management; present situation of facilities and relevant equipment in the schools; industrial needs for industrial automation technology applications; demand for technicians & mid-term engineers prior to the implementation of the requested project.
ANKON’s main responsibilities included:
- Collection of data/info was collected from related stakeholders via interviews, surveys and meetings to deliver detailed reports on the current status of TVET.
- Following duties were conducted for each of the target countries;
- Designing methodology for an investigation/questionnaires and execute the following duties;
- Social and economic analysis of target countries;
- Policy and Development Plan Analysis on Technical & Vocational Education, Industrial, and Employment;
- Outline of Technical & Vocational education sector structure and analysis of its technical level;
- Outline of other international project (s) conducted in relevant sector,
- Compilation of Analysed results/Recommendations and preparation of Draft Final Report.
- Preparing of the Report which presented the results of a survey designed and carried out to identify the current state of play and challenges of developing technical and vocational training and education systems in the outreach of Central Asia and the Middle East.
- Designing a survey on the basis of the plans of the Ministry of National Education (MoNE) of the Republic of Turkey to transfer its knowledge and experience acquired in the field of vocational education with regards to industrial automation technologies.
- Improvement and capacity building of the Turkish Ministry of National Education (MoNE) as a result of the cooperation scheme with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) during 2001-2006. JICA further supports dissemination and extension of this capacity to vocational and technical teachers of industrial automation technologies in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Iran and Pakistan.
- The Report was a compilation and analysis of information on the current and planned vocational training and education in these countries, along with their national development policies that may steer the education policies in turn
- The report was utilized in the establishment of the “International Vocational Education Training Centre” in Izmir-Turkey.