|Turkish Ministry of Health|
|The World Bank|
| Institution Building and Restructuring|
ANKON was commissioned by the Ministry of Health Project Coordination Unit (MOH-PCU) to provide advisory services for the Government’s Health Reform and institutional Development program under the First Health Project, co-financed by the World Bank and the Government. The services covered
- The restructuring of health financing system;
- Introduction of a new Health Insurance Scheme, including the coordination between existing schemes;
- Development of laws and procedures required for implementation;
- Development of a computerized National Health Information Scheme;
- Decentralization and management development of state hospitals;
- Improvement of health service delivery system and introduction of family physician system;
- Reorganization and institutional development of Ministry of Health
- Management development for the key health personnel at the central Ministry and provincial organization.
Technical assistance services were provided for the preparation of bidding documents for consulting, surveys, information technology, etc. in accordance with World Bank procedures and guidelines; taking part in the evaluation of the tenders.