20 Jun EU – KFW / MONE FRIT I – Social and Economic Cohesion through Vocational Education Project
|Milli Eğitim Bakanlığı|
|GFA Consulting Group GmbH, ANKON Consulting|
|Education and Human Resources Development|
|Technical Assistance, Training & Capacity Building|
The TVET support program represents a highly relevant and timely contribution to address major education, poverty and migration challenges that have arisen in Turkey as side effects of the ongoing war in Syria, where a recent cessation of hostilities has not yet translated into durable and just pacification.
The objective of this Project is to:
- bridge the education gap created by war and displacement
- respond to the educational needs of Syrians in Turkey
- utilize Turkey’s education infrastructure and expertise
- build on Turkey’s success of developing industrial clusters
- capitalize on private sector opportunities for training and employment
- offer chances for sustained livelihood in terms of improved employability
- improve conditions of Syrian refugees to integrate in Turkey
- facilitating the return of better educated Syrian to Syria in the future
- mitigate migratory pressure towards the European Union (EU) and Germany in particular.